Congratulations on your A level results … and thank you for making it this far onto TWS’s 2013 Freshers’ site!
TWS is the essential organisation for students with any interest in politics and public policy.
First of all, please see our Chairman’s welcome for an introduction to TWS.
As you will know, the University of Cambridge has an unrivalled reputation as a training-ground for future political leaders, around the UK and across the world. The Wilberforce Society is the University’s fastest-growing and most dynamic political society, founded in 2009 and now nationally-recognised as the UK’s leading student think-tank. Many Cambridge students with aspirations to future leadership in politics, finance, law, and many other fields will join. As a non-partisan organisation it brings together an extraordinary diversity of students and experts, from undergraduate up to postgraduate level, and from all colleges. TWS is your essential, most comprehensive, and best-value way to stay in touch with politics in Cambridge and beyond.
Where else but TWS could you:
- Meet our illustrious Board of Patrons, including the Astronomer Royal and the former Head of the Civil Service, in your first two weeks at Cambridge?
- Be invited to a reception in Parliament in your first term at Cambridge?
- Stay in touch with current affairs and policy at our weekly TWS Policy seminars, with guests including Lords, MPs, Ambassadors, leading journalists and many more?
- Produce real-world policy research for clients like the Tunisian National Assembly?
- And get advice and work experience from the TWS Alumni Network, led by our Partner think-tanks, and comprising our former student members across all areas of the job market?
All at the price of just £15 for life.
Please do have a look around the rest of our website for a taste of what TWS’s work involves. There is a link to join via PayPal on the right-hand menu bar.
Tuesday 8th-Wednesday 9th October, 9am-5pm – TWS stand at the CUSU Freshers Fair, Kelsey Kerridge Sports Centre (across Parker’s Piece):
- Meet the TWS Committee
- Join the Society straight away
- Pick up a copy of our recent publications
Welcome to Cambridge, and we look forward to meeting you soon!
In the meantime, like us on Facebook to stay up-to-date…